Advertisement

Black/Green Breast discharge

Postby staticq » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:34 pm

I am 38 years of age
I have had pain in my breasts.
The pain feels similar to that when I was nursing. My menstrual cycle has been irregular. During Hurricane Francis I spotted and now I am late.
I was currious in the shower and massaged my breast as I did when I was nursing 10 years ago and a blackish discharge came out and then I did it again in disbelief to the other breast and I got the same results.
I did it once again to see if it was just a crazy fluke and a lighter greenish discharge came out. It was very little but from what I could tell it was sticky.

Has this happened to anyone else?
staticq

Postby JeanneRN » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:18 pm

Thanks for posting. Here are a few links within Imaginis you should look at. http://www.imaginis.com/breasthealth/breast_pain.asp http://www.imaginis.com/breasthealth/nipple.asp

Sincerely,
Jeanne
JeanneRN

Postby cateb » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:05 pm

I too am 38 years old and have just noticed the same and have immediately logged on to see if i can find out what it is - does anyone know?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by staticq:
I am 38 years of age
I have had pain in my breasts.
The pain feels similar to that when I was nursing. My menstrual cycle has been irregular. During Hurricane Francis I spotted and now I am late.
I was currious in the shower and massaged my breast as I did when I was nursing 10 years ago and a blackish discharge came out and then I did it again in disbelief to the other breast and I got the same results.
I did it once again to see if it was just a crazy fluke and a lighter greenish discharge came out. It was very little but from what I could tell it was sticky.

Has this happened to anyone else?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
cateb

Postby Heartstoppin » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:48 pm

I am 35 and since April I've been having a greenish discharge from both my nipples. After numerious tests the doctors say I am find. But the discharge still persists.

Do you have breast implants? If so they could be causing you complications.
Heartstoppin

Postby Heartstoppin » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:56 pm

Do you have breast implants? If so they could be causing you complications.
Heartstoppin

Postby guest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:03 am

I have had the discharge every month since my son was weaned 10 years ago. I spoke to my Doc and SHE said this was normal. a result of hormone fluctuations. sure enough it is a sign that my period is coming. I dont worry about it at all anymore.

Of course, it can be a sign of more serious issues, but if it is happening every month, and the same time of month (as mine has for 10 years) I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Return to Womens Health Issues